What information we collect and why we collect it
- Information you voluntarily submit to the Website: The Website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter or submitting a contact form.
- Automatically-collected information: The Website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, the Website will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. The Website may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: The Website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. The Website may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalised experience on the Website.
The Website may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters via email. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To provide you with user support
- To track and measure advertising on the Website or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity
Third-party use of personal information
The Website may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorise us to share your information. Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. This Website has anonymised the data collection from Google Analytics so it is not personally identifiable.
- MailerLite – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. MailerLite stores your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Social sharing – this service is used to all users to share Website content on user’s social channels. Social sharing plugins will connect using the user’s social channels, but no information is stored on the Website.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We recognise that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust, and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Collecting personal information
We will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily. This may include a name and email address.
Use of tracking technologies
M is for Melbourne uses tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons to make use of the website and services as convenient as possible. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser.
Contact by M is for Melbourne
M is for Melbourne may contact individuals using the information that was provided by them in order to:
- Provide information that may be of interest about new blog posts, new products, special offers and other matters that may be of interest.
- To send newsletters.
Individual’s right to access
Individuals have the right to review the information that may be recorded on the M is for Melbourne database. Information may be reviewed by contacting M is for Melbourne via email.
M is for Melbourne and third-party links
We provide links to websites outside of the M is for Melbourne site. These linked sites are not under the control of M is for Melbourne, and M is for Melbourne is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to this website, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
Problems or questions?
Copyright and legal disclaimer
All contents and photos on this blog are Copyright (c)2021 M is for Melbourne unless otherwise stated. While every caution has been taken to give accurate information and honest analysis, please use your discretion before making any decisions based on the information in this blog. The authors will not compensate you in any way whatsoever if you ever happen to suffer a loss/inconvenience/damage because of/while making use of information in this blog.
Use of the Website
Unless otherwise stated, M is for Melbourne owns the intellectual property and rights to all content and material on the Website. Subject to the license below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
The following uses are not permitted:
- Republication of content from the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for republication;
- Sale, rental or sub-license of any content from the Website;
- Reproduction or duplication of any content on the Website for commercial purposes;
- Modification of any content on this website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for modification;
- Redistribution of content of the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for redistribution. Users are permitted to share content on social media channels, as long as a link to the Website is included.
We use affiliate programs to pay for the hosting and maintenance of this website. We do not recommend any program we have not made purchases from ourselves.
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program that allows us to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
We are an affiliate seller for HotelsCombined, Booking.com, Tripadvisor, Viator, Klook, GetYourGuide, Airbnb, Skyscanner, Rentalcars and World Nomads, as well as other companies via Skimlinks. We personally use these companies for our own bookings.
Last edited on 24/2/2021